Riga has the right location, facilities and people to stage a successful congress or meeting.
Riga is a compact Northern capital where no one is more than two handshakes away and nowhere takes long to get to. While urban and lively, the city boasts ample green pockets and calm havens, offering a pleasant environment for congresses, conferences, and training events. What’s more, MEET RIGA offers a competitive support scheme for event organisers who choose to host an event in the city.
Why is Riga an Excellent Choice for Your Event?
- Delegates can fly direct to Riga International Airport from over 100 destinations! Brussels, Amsterdam, Paris, Milan, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Berlin, Frankfurt am Main, Hamburg, Munich, Vienna, Helsinki and London are a quick hop away. Delegates from the Far and Middle East, Africa, North and South America will have just one layover at hubs like Frankfurt am Main, Paris CDG, Amsterdam, Vienna, Helsinki, Copenhagen or Istanbul.
- Riga offers 13 500 hotel beds and several three – four-star properties are within walking distance of each other and major venues. Room rates include breakfast, wifi, and taxes. Most four-star properties are familiar and have experience with compliance and regulations for healthcare events.
- Riga’s 350 venues range from minimalist hotel meeting rooms to revamped industrial heritage spaces and grand historical ballrooms. Some of the latest openings are the ATTA Centre - the largest convention venue in the Baltics. Architecture award-winning Hanzas Perons is a former cargo train station, and the trendy Teikums is a purpose-built events and co-working space. All venues are ready to handle high tech events and host hybrid formats.
- The city’s universities train specialists in subjects ranging from Baltic Sea region studies to avionics engineering. Associations will find a wide pool of academics ready to take on the role of speaker, expert or co-organiser. English is widely spoken, German and French are common too.
- Co-funding is available! MEET RIGA runs a support scheme for associations hosting their event in Riga.
Support Scheme for Meetings and Events in Riga
Your event may qualify for co-funding! MEET RIGA runs a support scheme to encourage hosting conferences, congresses, training events and trade shows in Riga. Organisers can apply to receive 20 euro per foreign delegate if the event complies with the following criteria:
- at least 20 percent of delegates come from abroad,
- all foreign delegates spend at least one night at an accommodation facility in Riga,
- the event takes place at a hired venue.
Organisers may also qualify for an additional 10 percent if the event represents a priority industry - information and communications technologies, medicine, biotechnologies, or financial services. The same applies if at least 70 percent of foreign delegates are spending three or more nights at Riga accommodation facilities.
The scheme is open to legal entities, associations, foundations, and higher education establishments registered in Latvia. We invite event organisers from abroad to partner with a local industry representative or the Latvia Convention Bureau.
MEET RIGA reviews applications within 15 days from the date of submission. Following a positive decision, event organisers sign an agreement, which sets out rules, such as any event marketing materials must refer to the support of MEET RIGA. Actual funds are transferred after the successful completion of the event.
Organisers may also apply for the Investment and Development Agency’s support scheme for the same event!
MEET RIGA Will Assist From Moment Of Bidding To Actual Event
MEET RIGA is here to provide free-of-charge assistance in the bidding process, when applying for the support scheme and promoting your event. Our team has a wide network in Latvia to help cater to your association’s needs. Complete an RFP or get in touch with us today!